Asked in Personal Injury for Texas

Q: My husband was at a friend's house in east Texas cutting branches off of a large tree, as he was coming down he fell 30f

He was careflighted & had FLAIL CHEST, broken collarbone & friends said they had no insurance, what can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. I'm sorry for your husband's injuries. It looks like he was helping out a friend, so that would likely rule out workers' comp, which ordinarily involves injuries in the course of employment. If your husband's friend does not have insurance and your husband does not, one option is to look into public insurance coverage, either through federal or state programs. Eligibility could depend on financial need. Reach out to the social workers in the hospital. In many hospitals, these departments could usually assist in exploring options based on need. Also look into public health, human resources, social service agencies in Texas. I hope your husband has a healthy recovery from his injuries. Good luck.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.