Phoenix, AZ asked in Family Law, Civil Rights, Domestic Violence and Internet Law for Arizona

Q: What can legally be done when it comes to stalking within the same household of the perpetrator?

I currently reside with a relative who has demonstrated that they're taking great pleasure to aggravatedly stalk, harass and electronically surveil my everyday use (PC and Mobile) without my consent to do such things. Now because of the living situation, I just want to make sure my safety is ensured, and filing a restraining order against this unstable individual would suffice and/or something close to a protection order, without one or the other having to move off the premises before such an order can take place. Thanks.

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen M Vincent
Stephen M Vincent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: If you get a protective order, your relative will be forced to move out of the household.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.