Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: what action do I take if my P.O. Motions to revoke for non compliance with probation conditions

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: First, a violation report by your PO does not automatically mean that the DA will file an application/motion to revoke your sentence. I suggest you take two actions. First, find your case on OSCN and monitor it to see if an application/motion to revoke is filed. If it is filed, a warrant will likely issue immediately thereafter. You will want to see what the bond amount is associated with the warrant and call a criminal defense attorney who can advise you further and who will likely recommend that you surrender on the warrant (with a bondsman already lined up to post your bond, so you can get right back out).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.