Cocoa Beach, FL asked in Traffic Tickets for Florida

Q: How do I reinstate a license if I have a new license in another state?

I got a DUI in Washington State in June 2021. I requested a licensing hearing per the advice of my lawyer, so my license was not officially suspended until 9/27/21. In the meantime, I relocated to my home state of FL and obtained a license here on 8/27/21. I just checked, and my license is valid in FL. I know that license suspensions carry over from state to state, but how do I go about reinstating when the time comes if I no longer have a WA license? What would happen if I got pulled over in FL? Would they be able to see the WA suspension?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You probably should ask that question of the lawyer who advised you to request a licensing hearing in Washington.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.