Sebastian, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: What am I looking at for possessing 7, 60 mg tablets of morphine in fl

Got into an accident, charged DUI of narcotics. Possessed 7 pills that they sent for testing, but it is morphine

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ocala, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: First and foremost, you should not be making statements like the one you made on any internet site…State Attorneys have people looking at this kind of stuff.

The answer to your question is that if you are looking at a trafficking amount of morphine there are. serious consequences involving minimum mandatory sentences. If it is not a trafficking amount you are looking at probation with some jail time.

Go find yourself a good lawyer and stop putting information on the web…

Michael  Mayoral
Michael Mayoral
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If it is simple possession of a controlled substance under 893.13(6)(a), and not charged as trafficking or possession with intent to sell, it should be a third degree felony, punishable by up to five years in prison. This depends on the facts of your case and your priors, and I agree with the other attorney who answered this that you should not be posting this online, especially how it was worded. You should consult with a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.