Barberton, OH asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: Can a mother give temporary power of attorney to grandmother without permission of father

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew Popp
Andrew Popp
  • Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: I'm not sure the question you are asking is truly what you intend. A power of attorney is a document where one person gives another the authority to take certain actions for him or her and in his or her place. If you are a competent adult you can do this and do not need any else's permission. If you are asking about something related to guardianship or child custody that is a whole other matter. You may want to sit down with an attorney to run through the entire situation and advise you on what you are trying to accomplish.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.