Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Child Custody for Kentucky

Q: My exs girlfriend has threatened to hurt me and my children with my ex is there anything I can do to keep her away

My exs girlfriend has been threatening to hurt me and my kids and has been stalking us and she's called and repeatedly reported me to social services for this and that iv got text messages from her saying what she's going to do to me and my kids and people has showed up at my house looking for us that she paid to find us she's tried to set my house on fire twice wile we were home when me and my ex was still together my children are terrified of her iv reported everything to the police and they can't do anything the children want to see there dad but are terrified of his girlfriend she repeatedly tells the kids she's going to hurt them or me what can I do to keep her away from my children wile there visiting with there dad I have tried to get a protection order or epo but was told I can't get one how can I keep my kids safe of the police want do anything I was also told my children have no rights at all I'm desperate for help iv got a folder of her threats and pics help me please

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Take an IIPO against her. You may always want to file a criminal complaint for the threats, harassment, stalking, etc.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.