Wooster, OH asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: I have a civil protective order against my husband but he is back at my house can I get in trouble he has no where to go

He has manipulated his way back in the house with no where to go. Away from him. He is verbally abusive and mentally unstable. The other night he was either on something or having a mentally episode. He was talking out of his head making false accusations. He threw his phone at me and then broke it in two. I threatened to call the cops and he left then called from his bosses phone a few hours later wanting to take a shower and get warm because it was snowing and freezing out. I have a plan to move to get a way from him as soon as I can get a place I also plan on filing for a divorce at that time because I am scared of how he is going to react. He has threatened me, threatened to kill himself has stalked and intimidated me. Before I go to the court or talk to the sheriff about him I would like to know will I get in trouble for him being here. I don't want him here and never did, we are in a remote area his family won't help him and he has no friends anymore.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas P. Weiss
Nicholas P. Weiss
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You will not get in trouble. Do not let him back in. Call the police if he contacts you again.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.