Shelton, CT asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Connecticut

Q: What kind of personal injury lawsuit do I pursue when two cars hit me and I have zero culpability and I’m injured?

I was in an accident where two cars hit me, and I was completely stopped at a light. Whiplash and post concussion syndrome. Serious MCL, shoulder injury. Doesn’t look like surgery. Having PT and had CT scan done. Taking meds along with daily headaches.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Connecticut attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. And it would make sense to consult with someone sooner than later because the days immediately following an accident could be accompanied by forms to compete for insurance companies, obtaining police reports, bills from hospitals. ambulance, and other medical providers. It sounds like a serious accident; I hope you and everyone involved are okay. Most personal injury firms would handle a case of this nature. To answer your question, it would generally be a civil lawsuit based primarily on a legal theory of negligence. You may have already spoken with law firms by now. If not, you could look online independently on your own, or use the Find-a-Lawyer tab above. Good luck in your recovery, and hopefully your expectations will be correct and you won't need surgery.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.