Mooresville, NC asked in Family Law, Criminal Law and Elder Law for California

Q: My ex-husband is 64 with advanced dementia. His girlfriend married him 6 weeks ago My daughter needs help to annul it.

His girlfriend cashed out his 401K and used his credit. She refused to let anyone talk to him over the past 2 yrs. She refused to take him to the doctors. He was wandering around daily in his Camptonville neighborhood. He has gone missing several times. My daughters and I flew out to check on him and realized that she had accessed his 401K, bought a vehicle, bought a $4,000 wedding ring and all new furniture. His girlfriend is an alcoholic and drinks from 6:00 am until she goes to bed. She failed to feed him, provide medical care and has filed fraudulent unemployment claims and social security benefits. My ex husband can barely read and write and does not know how to use a computer at all. I live in NC as does his younger daughter and his older daughter lives in Virginia. He owns property and his girlfriend is in the process of trying to sell his personal property. She finally took him to the hospital. He is now in a long term assisted living facility. Please help us with this crime.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info is needed.

this is not a criminal case unless you are referring to someone to represent his new wife.

make an appointment with a local lawyer in your area.......maybe one who does conservatorship etc???

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.