Detroit, MI asked in Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Michigan

Q: ex parte signed no due process objection denied no ev. hearing supv. visits still 5 yrs later no reason said he meets

no factors has a criminal history I was shown to be unfit, unwilling, or unable. no evidence of abuse or neglect. I have all proof but never got to show because I NEVER got my hearing my daughter is being neglected educ,med,emoti, and emotional and psych abuse by alienating me almost to estrangement. not promoting a strong relationship but taking at away. I have ev. he has criminal record family felon me no criminal backg military family he says I'm unstable but I have proof he is diognosed with acute mania psychosis. my daughters grades are falling her attendance she is sad depressed he won't follow court order and put her into counseling she has ulcerative colitis it's getting worse he doesn't take care of her only takes everything away from her to hurt me took I need for her a second opinion on trtmnt but cant no physical only 50% legal he took her out of gymnstc won't let her do sports it's abuse grnds for termination. I get 2hr wk supv. I raised her I am dire need help her wut do

1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You need to focus your arguments on what is happening now; not what happened or didn't happen five years ago. Perhaps the first step should be filing a motion to change parenting time. Your argument isn't whether supervised parenting time should have ever been in place, but that you no longer suffer from whatever led to supervised parenting time. You need to show you are stable; don't go down the rabbit hole of trying to show he isn't. Too often in family law cases, people waste a great deal of energy arguing about water under the bridge; in your case, an order was entered - you may not agree with how it came about, but now's the time to focus on what you have been doing since then.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.