Carmichael, CA asked in Family Law for Nevada

Q: How do I get my kids father to stop drunk texting me in the middle of the night.

My kids father no longer has legal or physical custody. He has chosen to not sew or talk to them in a year. But now he's starting to text me in the middle of the night drunk or on drugs or both. How do I get him to stop. Also says hes working but I have not been able to get the DA office to actually get a paymemt since March. How do I stop his crazy texts and possibly get some child support.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: your message does to specify whether the custody arrangement is a court order or based on the fact that Dad has chosen not to speak to the child for a year. If there is no legal custody order in place, I suggest you file a Complaint with the court and address the child support in the same matter.

if custody has been legally established, you may either file a motion for contempt (depending on the terms of the decree) or a temporary restraining order (if the calls tend to make you fearful for your and the child's safety).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.