Bowling Green, OH asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Ohio

Q: single case agreement not honored by health insurance company

I'm a health care provider. Several years ago I received a single-case agreement on a client. When I billed for services rendered under that agreement I was repeatedly denied for various reasons that were not applicable to the single case agreement. 20 sessions remain unpaid. This was in 2016. I was never able to get this resolved with the company. I still have the paperwork supporting this. Is there any recourse or a lawyer who could help me with this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Insurance Claims Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Ohio attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. But it would probably be difficult for ANY attorney to advise meaningfully based on the brief description here. An attorney would likely need to see the agreement, the treatments rendered, basis for denials (medical necessity, supporting documentation, etc.), and remedies outlined in the agreement or the policy - arbitration, appeal, civil court, etc.

You ask if an attorney could help with the matter. It could be difficult for attorneys to reach out to you here. The format here is not like an attorney referral service. You could search for attorneys on your own, or use the tab above (Find-a-Lawyer). The timeline running back to 2016 could present issues, but see what an Ohio attorney says, and whether it may be viable and cost-effective to pursue the matter. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.