Charlotte, NC asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Family Law and Personal Injury for South Carolina

Q: I've been trying to get through the accusations of taking a firearm or stealing from a member of the family....

At the time of question I was at my father's residence for a period of maybe 4-6 days continuously due to personal relationship issues and differences. My dad's cousin came over daily and intoxicated heavily. He left residence and later on accused me of stealing his gun after he had left dad's and been gone for over 5 hours during this time incapacitated his vehicle a short distance from my dad's. Well since then I've been questioned constantly in person and on social media as well as a good feeling of being perused & watched causing extreme emotional difficulty and severe physical as well as community health effects

1 Lawyer Answer
Roy Willey
Roy Willey
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Charleston, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: It is unclear what type of help you are looking for here based on the topics selected. However, one option that you might consider is filing a police report if you are being followed, harassed, or repeatedly contacted after asking for it to stop. No one should have their mental health damaged because of people following or harassing them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.