Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Ohio

Q: How do I get my child’s fathers rights removed?

My child’s father is constantly in and out of his life, usually for 6-9 months at a time, especially when he is single. He has been going to his house regularly because he has a girlfriend and a house to live in but she has told me that he has been beating on her and putting holes in the walls, he has broken one of my son’s teeth, and he is smoking weed around the children, and she is about to leave him and I don’t want him around my child. What are my odds of having his rights removed?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: It is not possible to answer your question on-line. It depends on all the facts and circumstances. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local family law attorney who can review your situation and advise you of your options. A judge must determine what is in the best interest of the child in making decisions about parental rights. Your attorney will help you explain the situation to the judge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.