Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: I have a 2,500$ cash only warrant out of Platte county mo. For a class d possession. Also 1 more warrant

Can i take care of this stuff and not go to jail again

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta PRO label
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You really should contact a criminal defense attorney in Missouri (I would try to find one in or around Platte County) with whom you can discuss this matter. Not sure if you are trying to determine whether you can post bond without going to jail or resolve your case in a way that keeps you from going back to jail. The procedures of that county will dictate whether there are any options available to you to post bond without going to jail again. Predicting the ultimate outcome of your case is nearly impossible without additional information. A criminal defense attorney in Missouri is going to be familiar with the local procedures, and he or she will be able to provide you the advice you seek and the representation you need to get the warrant and the case resolved.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.