Findlay, OH asked in Adoption and Family Law for Ohio

Q: Looking to get temporary guardianship of 4 children while their mother gets back on her feet.

We need to be able to put them in school and take them to the doctors. Would we need power of attorney? Or something else? What steps do we need to take?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas P. Weiss
Nicholas P. Weiss
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If you are a grandparent it is a simple form for grandparent power of attorney signed by the mother that you file in your county's juvenile court. If you are not a grandparent then you need to file an application for guardianship with consent of the mother in your county's probate court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.