Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for California

Q: I got to know that someone complained against me. I have a case number from law enf agency. how to get complaint info?

Someone complained against me and I have the law enforcement agency case number. Nothing has been filed yet and no contact from the detective or police so far. I want to know what kind of complaint is it and where can I find the details of the complaint online. Is there any website or other way to find out? Can the bail bondsman tell me the details?

1 Lawyer Answer
Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen
  • Westminster, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to immediately locate and consult with a criminal defense attorney. Not only can the attorney learn more about this to be able to answer your question, if that is possible, but you need advice about how to deal with it when the police come calling to question you.

Do not be penny wise but pound foolish here. Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.