Fort Myers, FL asked in Landlord - Tenant for Florida

Q: My landlord has gotten permits to remodel the home that I’m renting with me and my children living here is that legal

There was a water leak but the water leak has been fixed so there’s no need for the landlord to tear out the walls inconveniencing my family trying to replace plumbing whit me and my children living here

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Liang
Linda Liang
  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Landlord has a duty to provide habitable premise and to provide quiet use and enjoyment. Everything they do should be reasonable. If the inconvenience is for one day or two, I do not think you have a claim against that. Or if the inconvenience is minor, you do not have a valid claim neither. You have every right to request the landlord to have the work done around your schedule so that your life is not interrupted.

Terrence H Thorgaard agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.