Asked in Child Custody for Oklahoma

Q: Any laws in MO against moving to another state with your child before paternity is established?

He got an online DNA test kit after I moved from Missouri to Illinois, and he found out she is his after I moved to Illinois. He still doesn't know I moved, and hes been making threats to try and take me to court to get full custody of her. The courts have no reason to Grant him full custody, but I was wondering if when he goes to open a custody case with me in Missouri and he finds out I am no longer a resident there, if there is anything he can do after. Online DNA kits are not accepted in court, so he would have to open a case in the first place with me for them to give him a court acceptable paternity test anyway. I was just curious on what legal rights he will have with trying to open a custody case from another state, with no court admissible paternity proof yet.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You will need to post this in the MO and IL forums.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.