Dallas, TX asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: I'm looking for low income lawyer to help me. My father passed in September and his widow will not give me keys

There has been no will produced.

Can you help me with a lawyer ??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Teri A. Walter
Teri A. Walter
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Keys to what? A house, a car, a safe, a boat, a crypto-currency account? Is the item you want keys to yours, or was it your father's? If there's no will, you need to look at the rules of intestate succession to determine who has rights to what property. In order to take any action on property which is in your father's estate, you will need authorization to do so, which probably will require some kind of probate proceeding. Talk to a probate lawyer in your area.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.