Phoenix, AZ asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for California

Q: I am out on 2 extentions of my cruise waiver. I was diganosted with COVID-19 and have been discharged to self quartine

I have court in the am and I have been readmitted in to the hospital for right heart muscle imflammation and arrhutlomia. I do not want to battle this while incarserated. Is there anything that I may present to the judge to help mre to be able to heal from my conditions not in custody

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info is needed.

is court for a criminal or civil matter?

if criminal you have a lawyer and s/he should present this to the bench officer.

most judges, especially during covid will work with you...and don't want you in court if you have covid. if you are in quarantine you should NOT be going to court.

you should call the court.

if criminal and no lawyer a bench warrant will issue, but it should be easy to get it removed when you are well with the doctor's letter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.