Saint Petersburg, FL asked in Family Law, Real Estate Law and Probate for Georgia

Q: What can I do to make my sisters pay me my portion of our deceased fathers home ?

my father committed suicide and my two sisters and myself are all three equally inherited the house and are on the deed but my sister refuses to give my third one of the property and she was renting it out but now she has moved into herself full time ... and at first just blowed me off and now won’t speak to me but I just want my portion of what my father left me

2 Lawyer Answers
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: You will probably have to hire a competent GA attorney to file an action for a Sale For Partition.

Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should work with an attorney who can help you seek it with the proper course of action. You will likely need legal assistance since just asking for it has not been beneficial.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.