Elkton, MD asked in Uncategorized for Maryland

Q: How to get our money back from a dentist that stopped working because of a heart attack?

My wife paid for all the prep work towards the main procedure and also an additional $8,000.00 for the rest of the procedure. She went to this dentist because of his reputation for being excellent at his job. Now that he is not coming back to his office my wife wants her money back to go somewhere else. They keep putting her off. Can she ask for all the money back including the prep work and how should we handle it if they keep putting her off? Just to be clear she only had a couple of office visits and her procedure was not done.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
  • Towson, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: She is entitled to a refund of all of her money with the exception of the fees for the prep work. Often times when a health care provider is no longer able to work, another provider takes over the practice. You should inquire about that. You can ultimately sue for a refund of your money or complain to Maryland Board of Dentistry.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.