Seneca, SC asked in Family Law, Elder Law and Health Care Law for South Carolina

Q: Can I sue a doctor/hospital?

for not providing appropriate care to my elderly mom

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A South Carolina attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I hope your mother is okay. An attorney would need to know more details to offer you meaningful guidance. You could reach out to law firms to discuss. If they felt there could be grounds for a case based on the level of care provided and damages suffered by your mother, they could request her records and review with a medical professional. Many firms that handle med mal cases offer free initial consults. You could search firms on your own or you could use the tab above (Find-a-Lawyer) to see listings of South Carolina med mal law firms by region. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.