West Palm Beach, FL asked in Child Support for Puerto Rico

Q: Hi! Can I request copy of college enrollment to Asume? He's 19 & mother says he's in colllege but I'm not sure of it.

Also, is there a way to verify if he is working? I have no contact with him and it's the mother who says he is studying. I recently removed my daughter from child support & nobody ever told me about her grades or if she worked or not. I am paying with no info, I asked to review the support and they just down $29 monthly. I do not understand how I paid for two kids (since 2003) $778 & now for only one $749 and hes 19. Can someone please tell me what to do? I also have a minor in FL, but he wasnt considered part of my responsibilities.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jose M. Rivera Santos
Jose M. Rivera Santos pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Ponce, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Greetings

Yes you can get a copy thought the ASUME website, or request it so you can get it over mail.

Yes, you can request it by using one of the discovery methods in your case.

Th child support payment is established when evaluating several factors, needs of the beneficiary minor, cost of living, lifestyle and by following the mandatory guidelines.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.