Morehead, KY asked in Family Law, Real Estate Law and Land Use & Zoning for Kentucky

Q: I own a mobile home that sets on my step fathers dads land. My step grandfather passed away about 3 months ago.

My question is, can I move into the mobile home that is legally mine until the probate is done?

I was told by my aunt that the land will most likely go to the state to pay off the rest of his bills from the nursing home.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You need to check with the executor or trix of the estate and get permission. Otherwise, you may have to move the mobile home as it is considered personal Property in Ky, not real property.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.