Baltimore, MD asked in Criminal Law for Maryland

Q: Can a judge override a warrant put out by commissioner? Statements were taken from a mental health patient in crisis

I’m a mental health patient. Bf, his ex, harassed me to the point it has deminished my already diagnosed mental state. I have charges on her and one the commissioner gave was for destroying my life & making my mental health worse on purpose. She started again in Dec, Christmas made 30yrs of my mothers passing, her 70th birthday would’ve been Jan 2nd. I was already mentally strained and this woman knows all of that. My bf and I got in an arguement, his ex was in my head and I was having a mental health crisis. This has happened before, same situation. So a week after our arguement on Dec 27th, Jan 2 I had lost it completely and I called the police and told them false statements to get him back because his ex was sending me messages that almost made me commit suicide & he said false things about me on facebook. I am a self harmer. During the argument I cut myself with a knife which he swatted away from me. I was hitting myself & cutting myself. I have psych that can confirm all

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Towson, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: Once charges are filed, only the State's Attorney can drop the charges. If a motion is filed, a judge can convert a warrant to a Summons. In any case, your boyfriend needs a lawyer.

You also should retain an attorney. You have admitted to crimes which include making a false statement to a police officer. This is an offense that carries possible jail time. You should speak with an attorney about how to proceed including your fifth amendment rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.