Grove City, OH asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: My father recently deceased I bought a home from him that was given to me in my two brothers when the youngest tur 18 I

The the youngest is now 58 I should have never bought that house it should have been whipped or given to us from a divorce agreement between my father and my mother that was her thing my father is deceased but his spouse at the time of purchasing the house has inherited his home now and all of his funds and can I go after that can I get my money back for me and my brothers

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: There are many factors to be considered in determining what you might be able to do, but it is too complicated to discuss on-line. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local probate attorney who can review the situation and all the facts with you, and then advise you of any rights that you have and what are your options. A consult with an attorney might cost you a few hundred dollars.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.