Carthage, MS asked in Child Support for Mississippi

Q: My son's father doesn't help me at all with our son. I filed for cs in Jjne 2021 we established paternity in July and

He signed a petition of what he was ordered to pay. As of today there has been no payments made and the order has not even been filed at chancery court bc they keep saying it has to go before a judge for signature

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
  • Olive Branch, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: I am going to assume that you went through DHS to establish paternity and child support. If the Order was signed by all parties in July, 2021, there is no excuse for the delay in presenting it to the Judge. You should contact the attorney handling the paternity action and make a demand that the order be entered. You could also contact the law firm of Young, Williams directly and ask if they have the contract for your county and then ask to speak to the supervising attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.