Colorado Springs, CO asked in Banking, Business Law, Civil Litigation and Divorce for Colorado

Q: my wife served me with divorce papers. She began stealing both our accounts and our business account we are still marr

We are still married as the judge continued the divorce until July. I was wondering while we waited, how I can get my money back, as she stopped checks to both my lawyers, leaving them unpaid, and me in a financial burden. I believe she also used my signature to take me off an account, yet not letting me back in to see what all has been taken. I have been indigent for months because the bank is saying it was legal, as for some reason I believe she took out a power of attorney and signed or forged it. How can I view any information used from the bank, as she is actually employed their, yet allowing a possible Bank fraud. I have even asked the bank to stop a 10 thousand dollar check, in which they were personal in the reasoning as to why they didn't. All of this was done after receiving decree to not changing, transferring, and closing any accounts, in which I can prove pretty easily. What can I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
John Hyland Barrett III
John Hyland Barrett III
  • Louisville, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You should consult with your existing lawyers re how best to proceed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.