Cleveland, OH asked in Car Accidents for Ohio

Q: I was in a car accident which I was found not at fault for (rear ended at stop light)

The other parties insurance company is only paying 11,000 dollars. I still owe 14000 on the car and am left with a 3000$ bill and no vehicle. Do I have any options or am I stuck with this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick DiChiro
Patrick DiChiro
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Independence, OH

A: You can always sue the other party as long as you do not sign a release. I would also contact your insurance company and notify them of the accident. Furthermore, I don't know if you bought GAP insurance when you bought your car. If you did, then it would cover the difference. If you are unsure, call the dealer where you purchased the vehicle.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.