San Jose, CA asked in Products Liability for California

Q: Do I have a case to sue the company?

My mom choked and almosg died from trying to swallow a pill that was large and meant to be dissolved in water. There was no choking warning anywhere on the packaging and the directions only say to dissolve in water.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A California attorney could answer best, but your question remains open for three weeks. I'm sorry for your mother's choking incident with the pill. Law firms could be reluctant to accept such a case because the element of damages does not appear to be something of a long-term or permanent injury - unless there is more to the element of injuries. I hope your mom is okay, but many firms will not handle cases unless the injuries are more severe or permanent. This is due to the high cost of litigation. You could reach out to a few law firms to discuss - that would be the most reliable way to get an answer to your question. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.