Valley City, OH asked in Car Accidents for Ohio

Q: Do I have a worthy case to pursue a lawsuit against someone who totaled my car bit had insurance?

My car was rear-ended at a red light due to negligence on the other drivers part. His insurance covers the value of my vehicle but my car was not finished being paid off and I am now out of a car and have missed a few days here and there or spent money to get to work. For two weeks after the accident I drove the vehicle that was involved in the accident, advised by the other party's insurance that it would be fine to do so, without knowing how bad the damage was as most collision body shops were booked far in advance and also do to no contact with the insured parties for several days after the accident. The accident left me sore but pretty much uninjured. I'm just curious if I have a valid case to pursue or to just leave it due to hassle.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA

A: There is no need to handle this by yourself, especially if you have uncertainty. I recommend that you consult with an injury lawyer in your area----most will provide a free consultation so there is no reason not to contact a few, ask them your questions and then if necessary, hire the one with whom you are most comfortable. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.