Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Alabama

Q: I have NO access to any money. My husband works fulltime and now wants a divorce how would I go about getting legal help

My husband and I have been married ten years and together 13. He is now wanting A divorce. We have A new 10 month old son and A 14 year old son( not his biological but he has been his dad since he was 2) I am A homemaker and he works fulltime. I have NO access to any of our money and I don't know what to do. I need legal help but I know he will not allow me to get the proper help with this situation. How could I go about getting the legal help I need when I haven't worked and he's the one wanting A divorce? This is extremely heartbreaking. Thanks for any and all advice. God bless.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.