Henderson, NV asked in Civil Rights, Criminal Law and Small Claims for Florida

Q: civil small claims action, taped it to my door and now I have 5 to reply. A law suit complaint.

My family including my deceased grandmother, my father & mother (alive) as of late my deceased uncle all had trusts. people whom surround my uncle who are posing as attorneys and real estate agents, threatening our tenants, claiming false statements. his late wife has been holding the books she has authrization to have the books. Tenats are not paying rent. My mother (trust holder alive). my late uncles late wife filed a civil small claims action, taped it to my door and now I have 5 to reply. A complaint/summons, lawsuit. I neeed help replying to the complaint. as it is time sensitive.

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You seem to be asking two separate questions. Something about a rental premises, apparently held in trust. If someone else is the trustee, that person would probably have the right to receive the rent.

If you actually had been sued in small claims court, the summons and complaint could not be served on you by taping it to your door. A peace officer or process server would actually hand it to you. You would be notified of the small claims pretrial conference at which time you would be required to appear and state whether you contest the debt. Contact the clerk of court and ask if this is legitimate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.