Asked in Contracts and Legal Malpractice for California

Q: How can I get my money back from a lawyer that I paid pay off my credit cards. He has over $10,000.00 of mine in trust

It’s in a trust fund. I paid this lawyer off early. I signed agreement for 4 1/2 years. They would never settle my debt. I have sent letters email and faxed him. That I want stop his program but won’t give my money back. This has been paid in full for 21/2 year. I have even called him and says he’s going to seed but never does. What can I do about this. The California state Bars has revoked his license.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shawn R. Jackson
Shawn R. Jackson pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Rohnert Park, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Small Claims Court ... get a judgement ... then execute on the judgement ... Let me know if a free consultation would be helpbul

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.