Dallas, TX asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Texas

Q: My father just passed away and I am his only biological child. So, in the matter of his belongings/estate there is only

What steps do I need to take?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Todd Alan Marquardt
Todd Alan Marquardt
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The next step would be to probate his estate so that assets can be transferred. Probate of the estate can go a few ways but generally is the probate of a Last Will and Testament, which is the ideal probate, or by submitting an Application for Administration with heirship proceedings if there was no Will. Please feel free to call our firm if you are within the Bexar County and surrounding area to see if we might be of service to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.