Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Immigration Law for Oregon

Q: Hi, I am looking for an Immigration attorney with expertise in Marijuana related offense, need to file a waiver.

Hi, I am looking for an Immigration attorney with expertise in Marijuana related offense, need to file a waiver. I-485 based petition.

1 Lawyer Answer
George K Gomez
George K Gomez
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Miami Lakes, FL

A: You should immediately speak to an immigration lawyer and discuss the details surrounding the marijuana related offense as said details will determine whether you are even eligible for a waiver. Not only can a conviction for certain marijuana offenses render you inadmissible and therefore ineligible to adjust status with an I-485, but even admitting to marijuana use can, in certain circumstances, render you inadmissible. It is important to discuss the details with an immigration attorney so that they can custom tailor a plan of action to suit your individual needs.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.