Atlanta, GA asked in Consumer Law, Civil Litigation and Elder Law for Mississippi

Q: Hello. What type of attorney would be best suited to handle cases for neglected/unfinished repair services over $4000?

The hired contractor was paid in full prior to the completion of his services. Unfortunately, the contractor did not complete the repair services. In the process of his services, he performed a makeshift repair that ultimately failed. Several attempts were made to reach the contractor thereafter but to no avail was any contact established since his last in-person visit.

1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Madison, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: From the looks of it, you have a civil suit against the contractor under several theories, with the obvious one being breach of contract. The main thing that you need to worry about is the statute of limitations, because, depending on some of the details, that statute could run (meaning that you could be cut off from filing suit) sooner rather than later. Your best bet is going to be to reach out to a lawyer sooner rather than later, so that you can go over the details of the initial contract and nature of the repairs. Feel free to reach out to anyone on here by clicking the contact information next to their name. Most lawyers, myself included, offer free consultations to see how we can help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.