Palm Coast, FL asked in Contracts, Family Law and Elder Law for Florida

Q: What is the approximate cost of reversing a Lady Bird Deed in Palm Coast Florida?

1 Lawyer Answer
Phillip William Gunthert
Phillip William Gunthert
  • Elder Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You will have to check with the individual law offices or attorney and see what their individual fee for such work or hourly fee will be. A lot will depend on the circumstances and what needs to be done, the current deed would need to be reviewed for specific terms and rights reserved and precisely see how the property is held, but generally, if the person who created the deed is of sound mind and it is a properly created/drafted enhanced life estate deed/ladybird, then the deed can likely be changed or corrected with a simple deed that is drafted and recorded. If the matter is more complicated, it could be more difficult if there are issues with the deed or if there are any capacity or other issues that may exist.

Lauren Nagel Richardson agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.