Palmer, AK asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Real Estate Law and Civil Rights for Alaska

Q: Homeless disabled ward of state abused as free labor and sexual physical abuse often to trade for shelter a

I was evicted without opa or lawyer present . I was told I abandoned my apt and locked out n things thrown in dump . Opa aware I'm dying and trafficked but no help. How can I better advocate or get my funds to live . I'm disabled with speech impediment

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Alaska attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks and your situation is a difficult and heartbreaking one. Under the posted categories, personal injury, real estate attorneys aren't going to know about this - the eviction issue is something for a Landlord-Tenant attorney.

Here is a link to the Alaska Bar Association and their page for Pro Bono Services -

Here is a link to Alaska Legal Services Corporation (ALSC) - they show an address in Palmer, which is in your post -

Here is a link to the State of Alaska Department of Law

They have a resource on this page for the Alaska Office of Victims' Rights

Main Phone: (907) 754-3460

Toll Free in Alaska: 1-844-754-3460

Fax: (907) 754-3469 or Email at:

These are only a few links. If you could reach a public library, local school library, or social worker at a public agency or hospital with a department of social services, hopefully someone sympathetic could offer more specific and meaningful guidance.

At the same time you explore resources for immediate assistance with housing, also reach out to social security disability attorneys. There is as resource for them here (Find a Lawyer - the link above to the left) Look to the third column on the page toward the bottom and you'll see a category for Social Security Disability attorneys. Even if you do not find one in the immediate Palmer area, their practice is federal in nature and they should get you pointed in the right direction about whether you have disability-related rights.

Good luck and I hope your situation gets better soon.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.