Alexandria, VA asked in Traffic Tickets for Maryland

Q: if the bus driver did not flash red lights before putting out stop, is it best to pay for my ticket or request a plea?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Towson, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: If you were stopped by a police officer, then there are points and a high fine. You should request a trial and not a waiver hearing within 30 days. If the police officer fails to appear, you will be acquitted. If the police officer appears and you are convicted, the judge can offer probation before judgment which avoids the points.

If it was a camera ticket, then there are no points. It is up to you to decide whether to go to court to try to avoid or get a lower fine.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.