San Diego, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: What rights do I get back after I got my felony reduced to a misdemeanor?

So I got my felony reduced to a misdemeanor and it was my first offense. I was on supervised low risk probation but after the reduction I’m no longer on supervised probation but I’m still on probation til May 2022. When I first signed paperwork I had to wave, what I believe was, my fourth amendment. Just wondering if that and all my other rights are restored back to me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Abrams
Joseph Abrams pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Santa Ana, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The most significant ones include the right to vote and to own a firearm. You also may answer that you do not have a felony conviction when applying for employment, credit, ect. This all assumes this is your only felony of course.

- Law Office of Joseph Abrams, Anaheim, CA

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.