Houston, TX asked in Landlord - Tenant for Oklahoma

Q: Can a landlord send an eviction notice to tenant by email

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Evan Humphreys
Evan Humphreys
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Guymon, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: While the notice to terminate a tenancy must be in writing, the law does not state a specific form for this written notice. These laws were created before email was invented and the term "writing" is not defined in them. However, it is possible that email notice is sufficient. The best thing to do is contact an attorney in your area for advice. If you can't afford one, search for a low income legal service provider here: https://oklegalconnect.org/#/login

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.