Saint Petersburg, FL asked in Foreclosure, Real Estate Law, Landlord - Tenant and Legal Malpractice for Florida

Q: I own a rental property in foreclosure in Florida that I deeded to a single member LLC for that property only. I want

to deed it back over to my name only, dissolve the LLC , and ask the court to remove the LLC from the foreclosure case. Can I do this ?

1 Lawyer Answer

A: You can do the first two but the court is not likely going to remove the LLC from the case because it had an interest in the property at the time of the foreclosure and that interest needs to be foreclosed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.