Q: My house was sold in a foreclosure sale. There is 45k in excess funds held in the court registry.

For years, then turned over to the Dept of Revenue in Sept of 2020. There's a judgment filed by Chase bank with 0 balance. How do I get my money released to me.

1 Lawyer Answer
Renee Louise Roman
Renee Louise Roman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Des Moines, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: You will need to contact an attorney who is familiar with this process, someone who can review the status of your claim and petition for release of these funds from the court registry. Through this process, judgment creditors of record (if any) will be notified, after which the funds can be released to you after any judgments or liens are paid.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.