Freehold, NJ asked in Family Law and Child Support for New Jersey

Q: Is it possible have Driver's license suspended for child support arrears be restored before arrears are paid in full

On a schedule payment plan since 2009

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Diamond
Richard Diamond
  • Millburn, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: As a result of your arrearage obligation, your driver's license was suspended. If you have been on a specific payment plan for an extended period of time and you are in compliance with your payment obligation (making every payment in a timely fashion with no missed payments), then you can apply to the court to modify the terms of the existing court order to permit you to re-apply for your driver's license. A judge can review your payment record and if he is convinced that you have been acting in good faith and that you need the license for work purposes or for purposes of addressing your parenting time with your children, he can modify the existing order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.