Las Vegas, NV asked in Collections for California

Q: When can I request entry of dismissal to the plaintiff? Can I request if I have not heard back from them after 30days?

I submitted an answer last month, but have not heard back at all from the plaintiff. Its been more than 30days, and I would like to see if I can request for an entry of dismissal.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gregory Mark Fitzgerald
Gregory Mark Fitzgerald
  • Collections Lawyer
  • Santa Ana, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: By submitting an answer, it does not merit a request for a dismissal, unless the debt was resolved. If the debt was satisfied in full, you may request a dismissal. In most cases, its after 15 days of completing the payment in full.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.