Dallas, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for Texas

Q: I Trying to See who can lead me in the right direction with my cps case

my mom had temporary custody of my daughter but she past away an now is in state custody and I talked to the caseworker and stuff but they make it seem like if she got taken from me and what makes me look bad cuz I have one dirty UA but I haven't had my daughter and my custody for years so my daughter wasnt in my care when i was using i dont want one of their lawyers i want one that is going to help me with this case how should I go about this situation

1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If your rights have not been terminated retain a lawyer. You will need to stay drug free. It doesn't not matter if your child not in your possession when you use. You can't use drugs

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.